Monday, June 7, 2010

It was gonna happen sooner or later...

So I've been hearing things about the Cannondale Scalpel frames separating at the chain stay/bottom bracket. There's a little spot there where the carbon front triangle is glued to the different weave of the rear triangle (same with the aluminum bike). And last night my dad and I were coming pretty fast down the last downhill on our ride. I get to the bottom and wait...after a few minutes, I get a little worried and start to ride back up. So here comes my dad and he's talking about how he thinks he might have bent his axle or frame or something because his wheel locked up on the descent. We take a look, but couldn't really find a problem. And then my dad finds a little gap where the chain stay meets the front triangle. I didn't get a picture before he took it into the shop but there was about a 1/2 inch gap on the one stay. Cannondale has a bunch of frames at the factory and he should get a red and black warranty 2010 frame built up in a little bit.

No comments: